Saturday, February 27, 2010

Generic welcome

No matter who you are, no matter where you live, and no matter how many people are chasing you, what you don't read is often as important as what you do read.
-- Lemony Snicket


So I've finally decided to do the hip thing of 1999 and start a blog. I'll be writing about my upcoming road trip, and who knows what after that. I wish there was some sort of profound reason I was joining the 6,999,999,999 other blogs, but it just felt like a cool idea.

I chose the name "Cave Felix" because "Felix" (my middle name) was unavailable. Not that anyone will ever say the name out loud, but I imagine it should be prounounced "cah-way" or "cah-vay," the Latin word for "beware." So I suppose it means either "Beware of me" or "Beware happiness." Or maybe it's very bad Latin for "beware the cat."

Tune in tomorrow, when I talk about my exciting trip from New Jersey to the Outer Banks. Driving on major highways for 9-10 hours should give me all sorts of thrilling material.

No comments:

Post a Comment