Thursday, March 4, 2010

Turn the radio up

I want to shake off the dust of this one-horse town. I want to explore the world. I want to watch TV in a different time zone. I want to visit strange, exotic malls. I'm sick of eating hoagies. I want a grinder, a sub, a foot-long hero... I want to live, Marge! Won't you let me live?
-- Homer Simpson

I'm waiting for a call back, and expect to go out soon, so this will be a short entry. Also, I spent most of the day driving, not seeing interesting things.

First of all, my hotel room has a dishwasher, which I find really cool. I'm tempted to get the dishes dirty just so I can use the dishwasher.

Now two observations I had while driving:

1) Florida has a lot of bikers. I suppose it shouldn't be surprising. Up north, you can't take motorcycles out that well in the winter months. Here, you're not supposed to have to worry about cold weather, thought they were talking about the possibility of frost on the radio.

2) Each area you drive through has its own sort of radio stations. In the Outer Banks, I felt like I was living a few years ago, hearing songs like Three Doors Down's "Kryptonite." Going through Florida, I wasn't surprised by the numerous Christian and Country stations I flipped past on the way down, but the number of 80s stations was weird. I heard the song "Shot Through The Heart" at least three times today.

No comments:

Post a Comment